Management and Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC Medical was established in 2005 to provide comprehensive medical, dental, pharmaceutical and mental health care to offenders housed in correctional facilities.
Location: Giles W. Dalby Corr. (Medical) (Post, Texas)
MTC and the Giles W. Dalby Correctional Complex are seeking a highly-qualified Licensed Psychologist to join our team and provide in-depth treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned patients. You will be a good fit if you are an empathic and smart individual who values community, teamwork, and diversity while enjoying a good work/life balance. No billing or insurance hassles, leading to more focus on clinical care adds to the appeal.
$174,000 - $179,000 annually
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned detainees.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all detainees including applying crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for detainees to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of detainees.
- Provide direct casework services and individual, group and family counseling to detainees and their families
- Prepare progress reports; provide recommendations regarding discharge plans; make case presentations and assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned detainees.
- Recruit, orient, schedule, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of all mental health departmental personnel.
- Make recommendations and decisions on matters such as employment, retention, promotion and other personnel actions.
- Serve in rotation with other medical staff to provide after-hours and weekend patient care, if required, to include accepting on-call rotation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Must have advanced degree in psychology. Must have appropriate certification or licensing and five years clinical experience, two of which must be in a comparable position. Must possess current CPR certification. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC’s caring philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and family members with quality and competitive benefit options that address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness, financial security, retirement, and many other benefits.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective. Key components of the program include:
- Access to a comprehensive wellness website, including a personal health assessment, exercise and nutrition planners, and online education and courses.
- Personal health coaching to help improve nutrition, exercise, stress management, and other health and wellness topics.
- Tobacco cessation program that includes telephonic coaching, nicotine replacement therapy, and additional educational material.
- Newsletters, video features, and other communications to address employee health and wellness
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled