Health Services Administrator, RN
Location: Jones Co. Processing Ctr (Med) (Anson, Texas)
Other functions include:
- Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and health services activities of the department.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and implement department and personnel changes as approved by the customer and coordinated with the manager, human resources prior to implementation.
- Develop departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures; review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
- Implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting health services; coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall facility objectives.
- Manage and conduct coordinated health care for detainees, other health related programs and serve as a member of the Mental Health Team, QI, UM, Safety, P&T committees, Dental and others as required.
- Act as liaison between the facility and health consultants and coordinate the Mental Health Programs.
- Manage the record keeping and reports on injuries, diseases and disabilities of detainees.
- Manage in-service training in health related areas for other departments.
- Coordinate with local agencies for planning and conducting environmental health inspections.
- Coordinate, review and approve payment to all outside vendors, subcontracted staff and services ensuring that expenditures are within contractual and budgetary limitations.
- Coordinate with other center staff concerning health services.
- Ensure that health services department is in compliance with all applicable OSHA guidelines and regulations.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. A minimum of five (5) years professional experience in health care administration, in a correctional environment required. Licensed registered nurse in the state of Texas preferred. Must possess current CPR certification. US Citizenship is required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.