Division: Job Corps
Location: Edison Job Corps Center (Edison, New Jersey)
1. Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, air conditioning and drainage systems.
2. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, fuses as directed.
3. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
4. Perform repair or replacement of windows, doors, locks, plumbing, fixtures, washers, and seals.
5. Prepare surfaces for finishing and painting, as directed.
6. Supervise students assigned to facility maintenance.
7. Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
8. Perform routine scheduled checks of heating and air conditioning system.
9. Demonstrate alignment with and a clear understanding of the mission of Job Corps.
10. Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually life, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
11. Occasionally requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
12. Requires prolonged sitting.
13. Requires the ability to work in noisy and crowded environments.
14. Occasionally requires working outdoors to participate with academic or program related activities.
15. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
16. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
17. Participate in student career success standards programs and activities.
18. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
19. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Technical training and general knowledge of maintenance/repair and three years related experience. Experience working with youth, and excellent written and verbal communication skills also required. Unless waived by management, valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Hourly Wage: $17.50