Division: Job Corps
Location: South Bronx Job Corps Center (Bronx, New York)
Ready to be a part of something big? At the South Bronx Job Corps Center, we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, paid sick leave, 11 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part-time opportunities available for many positions.
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Hours: (Mon-Fri) 8:00am-5:00pm
- Provide staff training to all staff on property procedures.
- Following all policies by Management and Training Corporation and DOL.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting property.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Inventory center equipment and supplies.
- Determine the availability of government surplus property for the center and coordinate disposal activities.
- Ensure all property is properly reported to DOL.
- Control storage of all accountable property. Assess internal controls to safeguard all center inventory and make improvements where necessary.
- Maintain records on all equipment and consumables.
- Review all center equipment transfer forms and control data input to both government and center system; ensure proper control is maintained in the Electronic Property Maintenance System (EPMS).
- Monitor purchase requisitions for accountable property.
- Responsible for the appearance and everyday housekeeping of the warehouse and other logistic storage areas; ensure the working area is safe and clean.
- Maintain warehouse operations during posted hours.
- Requires physical exertion to manually lift, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and three years’ experience. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. #ZR
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled