Division: Job Corps
Location: Woodstock Job Corps Center (Woodstock, Maryland)
- Maintain center appearance and grounds by cleaning, weeding, mowing, trimming, sprinkling, fertilizing, reseeding, or planting. Maintain all trees and shrubs.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and associate fixtures.
- Dust desks, bookshelves, cabinets and other office furniture where assigned.
- Collect and dispose of all trash, litter and other debris.
- Sweep and clean exterior steps, entrances, landings, interior walls, ceilings, lights fixtures and sidewalks.
- Maintain and preserve all flooring and/or covering by scrubbing, stripping, waxing, buffing and sweeping.
- Supervise students assigned to custodial duties through center support, work-based learning or the student intern program.
- Requires physical exertion to manually life, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
- Occasionally requires working outdoors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:High school diploma or equivalent. Must understand basic cleaning compounds, waxes, polishes, disinfectants, etc. and their proper application. Previous experience as a custodian preferred. Experience with youth preferred. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.