Registered Nurse (RN) - PRN Evenings and Weekends
Location: IAH Detention Ctr (Medical) (Livingston, Texas)
Management and Training Corporation (MTC) operates the IAH Secure Adult Detention Facility in Livingston, Texas. Our minimum security facility houses up to 1,000 adult detainees and is contracted by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and U.S. Marshalls agencies. MTC maintains a secure, productive, and positive work environment and cares deeply about the well-being and the success of both its employees and detainees.
Since 2005, MTC Medical has provided quality medical, dental and mental-health services to men and women in our care. It’s made a big difference in the lives of those individuals who are working hard to turn over a new leaf.
IAH Detention Center strives to be a leader in social impact by helping detainees prepare to successfully re-enter society. Detainees are provided with various programs and activities.
MTC and the IAH Adult Detention Center are seeking PRN RNs Evenings and Weekends
Pay: $33/hr plus $2 shift diff
- Attend sick call with the physicians to see detainees; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Call the physician for medication and treatment orders and other emergencies.
- Operate pill call, administer medication and accurately and completely document treatment as required by applicable policies and procedures.
- Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
- Provide health counseling and health education on individual or group basis, as required.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Degree in nursing, current, valid nursing license for the state of Texas or a compact state. Must posses current CPR certification. Must work within Texas state board of nursing scope of practice. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled