Instructor - Driver's Instruction
Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Hawaii Job Corps Center (Waimanalo, Hawaii)
Hawaii Job Corps Center - is recruiting for an Instructor for our Driver's Education Program. Reporting to the Academic Manager, the Driver's Education Instructor is responsible for monitoring and directing student's in the driver's education program, in compliance with government and management directives.
Duties include, but not limited to:
1. Provide students with driver's education instruction and direction.
2. Process and categorize students' driver's education applications.
3. Teach and prepare students for written examination through a series of lectures, worksheets and discussions.
4. Evaluate student's performance and determine their readiness to complete the final written and driving instruction.
5. Support career development services system by helping students acquire a new skills which will assist them in becoming more employable.
6. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
7. Adhere to student's schedule of activities and events.
8. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for the work environment.
9. Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
10. Participate in student employability programs and activities to include evaluation panels.
11. Support, promote and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
12. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required
- Certification in the State of Hawaii to provide driver's education instruction
- 1 year related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency
Hawaii Job Corps/MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
*Medical, vision and prescription drug benefits *Dental benefits *Life insurance *Short-term & long-term disability benefits *401(k) Retirement plan *Employee assistance program *Sick leave and vacation *Holidays *Civic duty and Military Leave *Free Parking *Discounted Meals *Professional Development Days *Fun Work Environment *Employee Wellness Initiatives