General Maintenance Worker
If you are looking for a career, instead of just a job, the Giles W. Dalby Correctional Facility could be the place for you. We are a private corrections facility managed by MTC, and owned by Garza County, in Post, Texas. Our facility houses Bureau of Prisons Federal Inmates, with a current population of 1600. We offer great pay and benefits with a team-oriented environment.
Location: Giles W. Dalby Corr. Facility (Post, Texas)
Reports to the supervisor, maintenance. Responsible for duties involving general maintenance of facility grounds and repairs of equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) directives.
1. Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems. Recommend contracted assistance when on-facility repair is not possible.
2. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
3. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
4. Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
5. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e., painting, as directed.
6. Direct inmates assigned to facility maintenance.
7. Perform specific security functions including 'pat' and 'strip searches' of
inmates, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
8. Perform preventive maintenance checks of building and equipment.
9. Perform routine schedule checks of air conditioning systems.
10. Provide on-call support in emergency situations or equipment breakdowns.
11. Clean, transport, and move equipment as needed.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
13. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned withing his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirement:
High school diploma or equivalent, technical training and general knowledge of repair/maintenance, plus three (3) years related experience required. United States citenzenship required. Valid driver's license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass annual background check, both of which must be approved by the FBOP.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled