Admissions and Placement Counselor
Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Toldeo OA/CTS (Toledo, Ohio)
1. Ensure applicants of the program are provided with professional, career driven, and individualized services throughout the admissions process that maintain applicants' rights. follow applicable laws, and serve the best interests of eligible youth.
2. Ensure that graduates and former enrollees remain successfully attached to the workforce and/or further education and training by connecting them with transitional support services within their communities.
3. Assess, verify, and document applicant eligibility for the Job Corps program.
4. Conduct innovative outreach and placement activities with public service agencies, employers, community organizations, public and secondary/ Tech schools, churches, etc.
5. Work cooperatively with schools; social service agencies including those that serve foster care and homeless youth; youth programs; youth standing committees; community centers; other employment and training programs; state vocational rehabilitation agencies; associations; and other appropriate organizations that serve 16-24 year old clients.
6. Establish working relationships and partnerships with one-stop centers, state and local workforce investment boards, youth standing committees that are appointed by local boards, and other local employment and training programs for youth.
7. Arrange for and assist in providing pre-enrollment orientation; schedule tours of the center.
8. Assess placement and transition needs, including assessment and counseling to determine competencies, capabilities, and readiness for career transition services.
9. Identify job leads or education and training opportunities through coordination with partners of local Workforce Development Boards; Center Workforce Councils; Youth Standing Committees, where established; One-Stop operators/ American Job Centers and community stakeholders such as, employers, apprenticeship programs, unions, and industry organizations.
10. Obtain, through a face-to-face interview with each applicant, pertinent data to make a determination of eligibility.
11. Counsel graduates and former enrollees to support on-going job retention.
12. Assist applicants in initiating career planning.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or associates degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field and two years related experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.