Admissions Counselor - Indianapolis, IN
Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: IndyPendence Job Corps Center (Indianapolis, Indiana)
If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our youth, then you should pursue a career with us. Continue reading to learn more about what Job Corps is and why you should work for us!!
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. IndyPendence Job Corps is located in Indianapolis, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Why Work For Us?
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the IndyPendence Job Corps Center in Indianapolis, Indiana we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive benefits which include:
- $18.75 + Incentive Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with company match
Reports to OA Manager. Responsible for conducting direct recruitment activities, and interfacing with other outreach contractors in compliance with government and management directives.
- Conduct direct recruitment activities, including public speaking; develop linkages with referral sources such as human services agencies, recreation centers, youth organizations, and churches; participate in center tours; contact potential enrollees to explore enrollment.
- Interview interested candidates and obtain required information on each one; ensure all documents required to support eligibility are obtained, properly completed and included in the applicant's folder.
- Arrange for the reception of candidates upon acceptance to the program.
- Follow‑up on student progress, e.g., length of stay and separation.
- Prepare, schedule and provide outreach presentations in the assigned area; provide outreach presentations in support of the regional outreach efforts.
- Maintain accountability logs of organizations contacted, individuals contacted, referrals to screening agencies and subsequent enrollments.
- Coordinate and maintain communications with centers pertaining to center input needs.
- Meet or exceed student admissions goals each month.
- Refer youth to designated screening or other support agencies, as appropriate.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the recruitment effort.
- Assist with placement activities.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students when necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing with data entry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or associate’s degree and two years related experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled