Division: Job Corps
Location: Los Angeles Job Corps Center (Los Angeles, California)
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, electrical outlets, thermostats, breakers and/or fuses.
- Repair washers and dryers as necessary; recommend contracted assistance when on‑center repair is not possible.
- Construct, remove or repair structural woodwork to adhere to building codes; replace damaged ceiling and floor tile.
- Maintain and preserve old or new surfaces by cleaning, scraping, sanding, caulking, filling, sealing and painting.
- Install window glass and screens.
- Perform limited repair or replacement of plumbing, fixtures, washers, and seals, as directed.
- Perform routine scheduled checks of the heating system.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent; technical training and general knowledge of maintenance/repair and two years related experience. Experience working with youth, and excellent written and verbal communication skills also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Los Angeles, California