Category: Information Technology
Division: Job Corps
Location: St. Louis Job Corp Center (St. Louis, Missouri)
Reports to the director of finance & administration. Performs network administration tasks. Responsible for providing support and maintenance on center servers, routers, switches, and software in compliance with government and management directives.
- Maintain, design, administer and support all center networks, including installation on PCs and file servers.
- Maintain current users end to end connections to center network; monitor, maintain and resolve problems with all related hardware and software.
- Maintain network security through domain group policy application, Windows update configuration, and antivirus server-client interchange.
- Install new connections of users to center network including wiring, hubs, PC setup, etc.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with network cabling instructor to keep students involved with hands-on learning opportunities as much as possible.
- Perform hardware maintenance and repair for all network and non‑network personal computers, printers, and terminals.
- Ensure backup tapes of network programs and data files remain current.
- Inform the manager, management information systems on status of current projects.
- Proactively seek ways to increase productivity across the network by hardware changes, software upgrades, etc.; make recommendations to supervisor, management information about suggested improvements.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associates degree in computer science or related field and three years related experience. Directly related training or technical experience in network administration may be considered in lieu of education requirements. Must have in‑depth working knowledge of current computer hardware and software. Must have working knowledge of network administration tasks using Microsoft server. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.