Sr. Security Officer
Division: Job Corps
Location: Atterbury Job Corps Center (Edinburgh, Indiana)
If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our youth, then you should pursue a career with us. Continue reading to learn more about what Job Corps is and why you should work for us!!
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Why Work For Us?
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the Atterbury Job Corps Center in Edinburgh, Indiana we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive benefits such as:
- $20.04 per hour
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with company match
Reports to the security supervisor. Performs security officer duties and provides supervision to staff to protect life and property against theft, misappropriations, fire, flood or similar disaster on assigned shift, in compliance with government and management directives and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensure the physical security of buildings, center vehicles and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment; maintain log of findings and corrective action taken.
- Advise and train security officers in security procedures.
- Assist in transporting ill or injured for care, as required; give first aid when necessary.
- Assist in reporting and suppressing fires.
- Assist staff and law enforcement personnel in controlling disturbances; conduct preliminary investigation and submit accident reports.
- Act as liaison with neighboring law enforcement and fire agencies.
- Perform administrative functions such as logs, incident reports and accident documentation; conduct investigations as directed.
- Assure accountability of students, staff and visitor check‑out and check‑in proceedings by scheduling guard station coverage.
- Perform all duties ascribed to security officers.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance in required.
- Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff, and other center customers.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of staff, students, and property; adhere to practices; attend all required staff training.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two years experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled