Recreation Aide - PT
Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Hartford Job Corps Center (Hartford, Connecticut)
Recreation Aides have some of the most rewarding work at Hartford Job Corps - interacting with students through sports an activities. Although responsible for monitoring behaviors, it's a great way to mentor and bring happy moments and healthy activities into a young person's life. $14/hour. 20 hrs/wk. Schedule: Mon 5p-10p; Fri 7p-12mid; Sat 1p-6p; Sun 5p-10p
Per the DOL: Upon entering HJCC, must show form attesting COVID vaccination or show proof of negative COVID result from test taken within 3 days prior to entering,
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year recreation experience or verified voluntary experience. Played or coached INTRAMURAL SPORTS. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Must have valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Assist the Recreation Supervisor in planning, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program which will attract voluntary participation.
- Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreation activities.
- Conduct and coordinate recreation activities.
- Chaperone students to center recreation functions.
- Assist with monitoring of the student store.
- Operate and maintain DVD/video projection system and related equipment.
- Conduct activities for career preparation students that enhance student retention.
- Conduct activities with other departments on center to offer a variety of activities that meet the needs of all students.
- Conduct PE classes.
- Assist in the evaluation of DVD/video offerings through student input and personal evaluation and make recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in Career Development Services System by creating positive peer leadership and role modeling techniques through activities on and off center.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled