Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - No weekends!
Division: Job Corps
Location: Westover Job Corps Center (Chicopee, Massachusetts)
Pay is $23.04 per hour - Monday through Friday Schedule
Reports to the wellness manager. Performs duties concerned with the prevention of illness and promotion of good health, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instructions as authorized per healthcare guidelines.
- Conduct cursory medical exams during students first 24 hours on center.
- Clean and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment, and provide follow up care, as required.
- Prepare and administer specified medication and drugs.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Monitor students on bed rest in health and wellness center.
- Enter required information in student health records and maintain in an organized manner.
- Conduct designated health services special programs as assigned.
- Assist physician or mid-level health care provider when needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Valid Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Massachusetts. One year practical nursing experience required.