Student Worker - Food Services
At the Edison Job Corps Center, we teach eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and place them in meaningful jobs or further education. The center is located in Edison, New Jersey, a 32-square-mile township of more than 100,000 residents and the home of Thomas Alva Edison’s famed Menlo Park laboratory. Boasting high achieving public schools, a convenient central location, a vibrant business environment and a diverse community, Edison a great place to live, work and raise a family.
Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Edison Job Corps Center (Edison, New Jersey)
1. Perform clean-up and sanitation duties in the dish room, food storage, and food preparation areas to ensure adequate health standards at all times.
2. Provide adequate supply of food and transfer merchandise ingredients to cooking area as instructed by the cook or designee.
3. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
4. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
5. Demonstrate alignment with and a clear understanding of the mission of Job Corps.
6. Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually life, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
7. Occasionally requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
8. Requires prolonged sitting.
9. Requires the ability to work in noisy and crowded environments.
10. Occasionally requires working outdoors to participate with academic or program related activities.
11. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
12. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
13. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
14. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
15. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
16. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
17. Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Must have completed 90 days in the Job Corps program and be a current Edison Job Corps student. Should have aptitude for kitchen-type duties, must dress to comply with sanitation regulations.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled