Division: Job Corps
Location: Turner Job Corps Center (Albany, Georgia)
Responsible for accomplishing general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems in compliance with government and management directives.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, electrical outlets, thermostats, breakers and/or fuses.
- Repair washers and dryers as necessary; recommend contracted assistance when on center repair is not possible.
- Construct, remove or repair structural woodwork to adhere to building codes; replace damaged ceiling and floor tile.
- Maintain and preserve old or new surfaces by cleaning, scraping, sanding, caulking, filling, sealing and painting.
- Install window glass and screens.
High school diploma or equivalent. Technical training and general knowledge of maintenance/repair and two years related experience. Experience working with youth, and excellent written and verbal communication skills also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.