Division: Job Corps
Location: St. Louis Job Corp Center (St. Louis, Missouri)
Reports to the facility maintenance supervisor. Responsible for keeping assigned areas in a clean and orderly condition in compliance with government and management directives.
- Maintain and preserve all flooring and/or covering by scrubbing, stripping, waxing, buffing and sweeping.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and associate fixtures.
- Dust desks, bookshelves, cabinets and other office furniture where assigned.
- Collect and dispose of all trash, litter and other debris.
- Sweep and clean exterior steps, entrances, landings, interior walls, ceilings, lights fixtures and sidewalks.
- Mix and use basic cleaning compounds, waxes and disinfectants.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Maintain center appearance and grounds by cleaning, weeding, mowing, trimming, sprinkling, fertilizing, reseeding, or planting. Maintain all trees and shrubs.
- Perform a perpetual preventive maintenance inspection.
- Supervise students assigned to custodial duties through center support, work-based learning or the student intern program.
- Requires physical exertion to manually life, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
- Occasionally requires working outdoors.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Must understand basic cleaning compounds, waxes, polishes, disinfectants, etc. and their proper application. Previous experience as a custodian preferred. Experience with youth preferred. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
St. Louis, Missouri