Part-time Recreation Advisor
Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Brunswick Job Corps Center (Brunswick, Georgia)
Among other duties, this position will:
- Assist the manager, recreation in planning, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program which will attract voluntary participation.
- Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreation activities.
- Conduct and coordinate recreation activities.
- Chaperone students to center recreation functions.
- Model appropriate behaviors, mentor students where necessary, and monitor both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
High School Diploma plus one year recreation experience or verified voluntary experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid commercial driver’s license with an acceptable driving record or to obtain commercial license within 180 days of employment.