Division: Job Corps
Location: Columbus OA/CTS (Columbus, Ohio)
Responsible for performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties which require extreme discretion in compliance with government and management directives.
- Perform a variety of secretarial/clerical duties, including dictation, word processing and transcription of correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Receive telephone calls and visitors; tactfully refer them to proper individual if center director is not available.
- Maintain calendar of events, schedules, appointments, make travel arrangements, take minutes of meetings.
- Coordinate meeting arrangements such as time, place, attendees and matter to be discussed.
- Maintain correspondence and significant incident control logs, coordinate preparation of special reports; maintain control of reports due in or out of the center.
- Maintain central library of required documents, handbooks, directives, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Act as liaison between center director and center staff, community contacts and the customer.
- Coordinate preparation of and maintain current updated, new and revised standard operating procedures in compliance with corporate procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting areas of center directorate assignments.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Participate in student career success standards programs and activities.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and four years related experience. Experience working with youth, and excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Unless waived by management, valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.