Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Brunswick Job Corps Center (Brunswick, Georgia)
The Substitute Instructor position is responsible for providing academics or career technical training instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula, and provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.Essential Functions:
- Provide students with assistance in designated area of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems, or study habits; coordinate with counselors and staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Conduct assigned lessons; administer course assignments and tests; correct tests; and maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Conduct enrichment programs, as assigned.
- Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for academic programs.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards and modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harrassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and studnets to work and learn.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Required
Bachelors degree or higher. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.