Cook II - $1,500 in bonuses!
Category: Food Services
Location: Jones County Processing Ctr (Anson, Texas)
MTC is currently seeking candidates interested in a Cook II position. This position is responsible for the preparation of facility meals in accordance with pre‑planned menus, in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and customer directives.
- Prepare and cook quantity of food required according to menu and number of detainees.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition. Ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Maintain accountability of kitchen tools.
- Prepare foods as directed for special facility functions and visitors.
- Assist in cleaning kitchen work areas following each meal.
- Supervise detainees assigned to assist in the kitchen.
- Requires long periods of walking and standing.
- Requires the pushing and pulling of food carts.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of detainees and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required. Food service training, one (1) year of food service or related experience and prior supervisory experience are preferred. A valid food handlers permit is also required, if required by the state of Texas. Must successfully complete required pre service training. US Citizenship required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.