Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Brunswick Job Corps Center (Brunswick, Georgia)
- Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in dormitory living situation and to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Determine, recommend, and arrange student visits to counselor.
- Assist in unit activities, as designated, including unit government.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
- Assist with recreational activities for students on and off center.
- Transport students to a from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
- Prepare the daily operations report, pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
- Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
- Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- It is expected that incumbent with perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as directed by management.
Education and Experience Required
High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience working with youth. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.