Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Cincinnati OA/CTS - Grove City (Grove City, Ohio)
We offer some great benefits at MTC including:
- FREE employee-only medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- Company paid401k contributions
- FREE counseling services for financial aid, marriage, PTSD, and a myriad of other things.
- Yearly merit incentive increases
- 10 paid holidays a year
- 2 weeks of sick time and 2 additional weeks of vacation per year
This position pays $21.46 per hour for a full time schedule of 8-5 Monday through Friday with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Conduct direct recruitment activities, including public speaking; develop linkages with referral sources such as human services agencies, recreation centers, youth organizations and churches; participate in center tours; contact potential enrollees to explore enrollment.
- Interview interested candidates and obtain required information on each one; ensue all documents required to support eligibility are obtained, properly completed and included in the applicant's folder.
- Arrange for reception of candidates upon acceptance to the program.
- Follow-up on student progress, e.g., length of stay and separation.
- Prepare, schedule and provide outreach presentations in the assigned area; provide outreach presentations in support of the regional outreach efforts.
- Maintain accountability logs of organizations contacted, individuals contacted, referrals to screening agencies and subsequent enrollments.
- Coordinate and maintain communications with centers pertaining to center input needs.
- Refer youth to designated screening or other support agencies, as appropriate.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the recruitment effort.
- Assist with placement activities.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students when necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
Education & Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or associate's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field and two years related experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled