Division: Job Corps
Location: St. Louis Job Corp Center (St. Louis, Missouri)
Reports to the safety & security manager. Transport and monitor students to ensure positive group relations in off‑center activities in compliance with government and management directives.
- Transport students to and from airport, bus stations, work based learning sites or appointments as required.
- Assist in the preparation of reports; pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
- Maintain vehicles for routine service; clean vehicles; check fluid levels.
- Perform routine vehicle equipment inspection daily, including lights, brakes, mirrors, steering and other required operating equipment. Recommend mechanical repairs as needed.
- Supervise off center recreational activities. Monitor students and provide guidance for positive attitude and behavior in off center activities.
- Review student problems with counselors and center standards.
- Patrol and monitor sites in the surrounding vicinities as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Participate in career development services system by ensuring a safe on- and off-center living environment and creating positive peer leadership and role modeling techniques.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year related experience. Must possess or acquire within 60 days of employment, a valid CDL license with a passenger endorsement and an acceptable driving record.