Division: Job Corps
Location: Turner Job Corps Center (Albany, Georgia)
- Assist with warehousing operations including ordering and receiving supplies, tools and replacement items; establish operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and maintenance of inventory; maintain the daily work flow to ensure prompt service to center operating organizations.
- Conduct periodic surveys of the warehouse and other storage areas to check on safety practices and to correct hazards; provide for indicated repairs or replacements; maintain a continuous program of good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Assist in the maintenance of usage records and locator systems; coordinate processing documents into the material control system.
- Assist in monitoring equipment including physical inventories, control of accountability and liaison relationships with DOL property officials.
- Maintain records on all stocked consumable supplies to provide accurate usage data, reorder points lead time and stock levels; prepare requisitions to replenish stock accordingly.
High school diploma or equivalent. One year warehouse or property experience preferred. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.