Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Hawaii JCC - Maui (Maui, Hawaii)
Reporting to the Recreation Supervisor, this position is responsible for monitoring and directing students engaged in center sponsored recreational activities scheduled on and off the campus, in compliance with government and management directives.
Duties include, but not limited to:
1. Assist recreation supervisor/coordinator in planning, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program which will attract voluntary participation.
2. Organize, direct and oversee student participation in a variety of recreation activities and extended day learning activities.
3. Conduct recreation classes and activities.
4. Chaperone students to on-center & off-center recreation activities.
5. Coordinate the new enrollee recreation orientation program.
6. Transport students to and from off center activities.
7. Ensure safety requirements are adhered to in the conduct of recreation, including proper use of protective equipment, providing instructions and student safety.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma & 1 (one) year related experience or an Associates Degree
Excellent written and verbal communication
Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
Equal Opportunity Statement
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Hawaii Job Corps/MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
*Medical, vision and prescription drug benefits *Dental benefits *Life insurance *Short-term & long-term disability benefits *401(k) Retirement plan *Employee assistance program *Sick leave and vacation *Holidays *Civic duty and Military Leave *Free Parking *Reduced Cost Meals *Employee Wellness Programs *Fun & Supportive Working Environment