Admissions Counselor (Albany)
The Georgia OA/CTS is a division of MTC. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for over 30 years. At MTC we pride ourselves in providing an atmosphere where students and staff are eager to learn and grow; both personally and professionally. Our students receive essential tools and life skills needed to excel in today's workforce. If you are looking for a goal oriented career where you can help students with changing their lives then MTC is the career move for you!
Division: Job Corps
Location: Turner Job Corps Center (Albany, Georgia)
Shift: Monday - Friday (8:00am - 5:00pm)
Responsible for the direct screening and recruitment of potential students for enrollment in Job Corps, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Conduct innovative outreach activities with public service agencies, community organizations, schools and individuals who might refer eligible candidates to the Job Corps program.
- Prepare documentation on potential students and review with the center as applicable or necessary.
- Interview interested candidates and obtain pertinent information on each one.
- Maintain monthly goals established by the policies and management.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students.
- Arrange for and assist in providing pre-enrollment orientation; schedule tours of the center.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the outreach.
- Create networks with youth development agencies, one-stop agencies, churches and community organizations to provide a wide-base for recruiting of potential students.
- Introduce labor market information to help with the career transition period process and analyze career paths in local labor markets.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or Associate's degree and two years related experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Not quite ready
to make a move?
Not a problem. We can send you job alerts.Sign Up
This job is not currently taking applications.