Substance Abuse Counselor
Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Paul Simon Chicago Job Corps (Chicago, Illinois)
This part time position is for 12 hours a week - Set your own schedule!
$21.15 per hour
Ready to be a part of something big? At the Paul Simon Job Corps Center in Chicago, Illinois we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Hiring immediately!
- Advise the center director and wellness manager of appropriate substance use/abuse related matters including the cost of services, staffing and training requirements, initial assessment and counseling to off‑center resources for ongoing care and counseling.
- Provide counseling and/or personal development sessions regarding substance use/abuse.
- Assess students with identified substance use problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problem(s) by working with students and counselors; provide TEAP orientation and TEAP education classes to students and staff.
- Provide input to the counseling services department for necessary counseling and referral of students with substance use/abuse problems.
- Work closely with center recreation staff members to develop improved recreation alternatives within the community.
Qualifications: Certified AODA counselor in the state of Illinois. Bachelors degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field or minimum of three year related experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled