Mental Health Professional
Location: Otero Cty. Proc. Ctr (Medical) (Chaparral, New Mexico)
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned inmates.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all inmates including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for inmates to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of inmates.
- Provide direct casework services and individual and group counseling to inmates.
- Prepare progress reports; provide recommendations regarding discharge plans; make case presentations; assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned inmates.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of inmates and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; review status of inmates to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are complete.
- Screen requests for non-medical records and appropriately approve/disapprove responses following between administration, staff and inmates.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communication and the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff and inmates.
- Attend seminars, workshops, conferences, and so forth, as required.
- Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification; perform CPR in emergencies.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when in appropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements: Master's degree in marriage and family therapy or clinical social work preferred. Current license as LPC, LSW, or LMFT. Two years previous work experience preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of New Mexico or Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled