Mental Health Worker
For Gadsden Correctional Facility in Quincy, Florida; caring about others, giving back, and making a social impact are the foundation of all we do. Operated by MTC, we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release. Our team enjoys competitive wages and benefits and we're conveniently located to Tallahassee.
Gadsden has achieved nationally recognized corrections, education and safety accreditations. Join us for a chance to make a difference every day!
Location: Gadsden Correctional (Medical) (Quincy, Florida)
MTC and the Gadsden Correctional Facility are seeking a part-time Social Worker to serve in the role of Mental Health Worker.
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned inmates.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all inmates including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for inmates to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of inmates.
- Provide direct casework services and individual and group counseling to inmates.
- Prepare progress reports; provide recommendations regarding discharge plans; make case presentations; and assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned inmates.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of inmates and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; review status of inmates to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Screen requests for non-medical records and appropriately approve or disapprove responses following policy and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communication and the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff and inmates.
- Attend seminars, workshops, conferences, and so forth, as required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy or clinical social work required. Current Florida practice license or less than one (1) year of completion of licensure required. Two (2) years previous work experience preferred. Current CPR certification is required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled