Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: South Bronx Job Corps Center (Bronx, New York)
- Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in dormitory living situation and to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Determine, recommend, and arrange student visits to counselor.
- Direct dorm activities as designated.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required ensuring safety and proper behavior of students; resolving potential or occurring problems.
- Assist with recreational activities for student’s on‑ and off‑center.
- Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
- Prepare the morning report; pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
- Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
- Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
- Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule. As assigned, participate in and conduct orientation activities.
- Maintain dormitory and individual student files; ensure files are complete, updated and contain all required documentation.
- Enter student case notes in the center information system (CIS).
- Participate in career development services system by ensuring a safe living environment and creating positive peer leadership role modeling techniques within the dorm.
- Work overtime as directed to do so.
- Split Position, overnight PT 11:30-8:30
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.