Instructor, Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide
Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Turner Job Corps Center (Albany, Georgia)
- Provide students with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the shop and classroom; on a routine basis, inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
Licensed Practical Nurse with minimum two years experience; at least one of which shall be in the provision of a long-term facility. An instructor must complete a course in teaching adults or shall have experience in teaching adults. A licensed nurse may qualify if a registered nurse maintains ultimate responsibility of the program and is able to provide instruction in which area a licensed nurse may lack technical experience. However, the licensed nurse shall have completed a course in teaching adults. The director of nursing may supervise the nurse aide training in a facility but shall not perform the actual training.