Certified Emergency Response Team (CERT) Sergeant
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? At the Wilkinson County Correctional Facility in Woodville, Mississippi we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain the treatment and valuable skills necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, a 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Hiring immediately for full time opportunities. CERT Sergeants earn 14.75 per hour.
Location: Wilkinson Cty. Corr. Facility (Woodville, Mississippi)
Reports to the CERT Sub-Commander and CERT Commander. Responsible for being specially trained in the tactical response of emergency response operatoins and incident command system activated events in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
- Conduct all duties outlined by the CERT Sub-Commander, CERT Commander, Chief of Security, Deputy Warden and Facility Warden.
- Participate in physically demanding endurance and strength training, and team training scenarios and exercises on a regular basis.
- Continuously maintain weapons qualifications at an outlined proficiency level or better with all assigned and team issued systems.
- Maintain physical standards to meet MDOC requirements.
- Maintain all related technical certifications required by CERT, MTC, and MDOC.
- It is expected that the incumbent will work varied hours and days off to meet the operational requirements of the CERT.
- Be subject to 24/7 recall for emergency response.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Minimum of one (1) year of experience in law enforcement or military operations experience or minimum of one (1) year of specialized experience directly related to the work performed in tactical emergency response and disturbance control tactical response is preferred.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete 120 hours of pre-service training including firearms and unarmed self-defense courses. Must attend and pass a Special Weapons, Tactics, Military-Type CERT basic course. Training and development required to remain in the classification after employment includes annual re-qualification in the use of firearms and the successful completion of unarmed self-defense training. Training and development required to remain in the classification after employment also includes successful completion of an annual physical testing and CERT Officers Physical Conditioning Requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Holly Springs, Mississippi
Holly Springs, Mississippi