Location: Jones County Processing Ctr (Anson, Texas)
MTC is currently seeking candidates interested in a Recreation Assistant position. This position is responsible for coordinating and providing structured, well-rounded recreation programming in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and customer directives.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; make minor repairs and recommend purchases.
- Coordinate the instruction of detainees and supervise recreation activities.
- Monitor detainees access to recreation rooms.
- Maintain accountability of detainees and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Assist with the preparation of a variety of well-planned recreation activities including individual and team sports, special interest programs and others.
- Assist with the development and distribution of weekly, monthly and annual recreational plans and activities schedules.
- Provide information regarding special and scheduled activities.
- Maintain accurate inventory of supplies and recreational equipment.
- Requires long periods of walking, standing and physical activity.
- Regular attendance required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Complete inmate evaluations and time cards.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent and one (1) year experience in a detention environment required. US Citizenship required. Must successfully complete required pre service training. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.