Mental Health Professional LPC, LMFT, LISW
Location: Jones Co. Processing Ctr (Med) (Anson, Texas)
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is in the process of opening the Jones County Processing Center in Anson, TX. MTC will provide all aspects of facility operations, including security, maintenance, administration, education, laundry, food, and medical services.
MTC is currently seeking master's level LPCs, LISWs, LMFTs or Psychologists interested in a full-time Mental Health Professional position. This position is responsible for planning and implementing mental health services in the facility.
Other functions include:
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for identified detainees.
- Assist in managing the detainee population including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct assessment and evaluations to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to other professionals for other services.
- Document all patient encounter in the medical record accurately, legibly and promptly.
- Provide direct casework services and individual and group counseling to detainees.
- Prepare progress reports; provide recommendations regarding discharge plans; make case presentations; and assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned detainees.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of detainees and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; review status of detainees to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Screen requests for non-medical records and appropriately approve or disapprove responses following policy and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communication and the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff and detainees.
This position requires a master’s degree in marriage and family therapy, psychology or counseling or clinical social work required. Current license in counseling specialty (LPC, LISW, LMFT, etc.). Two (2) years previous work experience preferred. US Citizenship is required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.