Division: Job Corps
Location: Westover Job Corps Center (Chicopee, Massachusetts)
Reports to the facility maintenance supervisor. Responsible for duties involving repairs and maintenance of structures, electrical systems, plumbing, washers and dryers, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems in compliance with government and management directives.
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, air conditioning and drainage systems.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, fuses as directed.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Perform repair or replacement of windows, doors, locks, plumbing, fixtures, washers, and seals.
- Prepare surfaces for finishing and painting, as directed.
- Supervise students assigned to facility maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
- Perform routine scheduled checks of heating and air conditioning system.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Technical training and general knowledge of maintenance/repair and one year related experience. Experience working with youth, and excellent written and verbal communication skills also required. Unless waived by management, valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.