Location: Marshall County Corr. Facility (Holly Springs, Mississippi)
1. Search for contraband and provide security.
2. Count, feed and supervise inmates in housing, work and other areas.
3. Provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates
4. Perform security of various assigned areas.
5. Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
6. Prepare and maintain records, forms and reports.
7. Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: commissary, property, transportation, recreation, mail room, laundry, visitation, booking, mobile patrol, main control, housing, administration, segregation and intake.
8. If assigned to the food services area, assist in instructing inmates assigned to food services in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing and well-proportioned meals.
9. It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime, when directed to do so.
10. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
11. Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. All applicants must be able to pass a Drug Test, Physical and Background Check.
Holly Springs, Mississippi