On-Call Residential Advisor
Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Wind River Job Corps Center (Riverton, Wyoming)
2. As needed, coordinate, recommend and arrange for students to meet with the counselor.
3. Direct dorm activities as designated including student leadership.
4. Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required ensuring safety and proper behavior of students; resolving potential or occurring problems.
5. Assist with recreational activities for students' on and off center as requested.
6. Prepare the morning report; forward list and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
7. Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
8. Ensure that the dormitories you are assigned have adequate supplies so students can have a clean and livable environment.
9. Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule. As assigned, participate in and conduct orientation activities.
10. maintain accurate student accountability checks.
11. maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
12. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
13. Ensure students learn and practice set behavioral expectations that support employability and social development for career readiness success.
14. Support, promote and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
15. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positve and negative behaviors through interventions.
16. Maintain accountability os students and property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required training.
Must have high school diploma or GED. Prefer college experience, a minimum of one (1) year applicable experience working with youth can be substituted. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.