Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Hawaii Job Corps Center (Waimanalo, Hawaii)
Make a Difference with today's youth at Hawaii Job Corps Center!! Seeking energetic, creative and organized candidate for our Full-Time Recreation Supervisor to lead our Recreation Department.
Reporting to the Social Development Manager, this position is responsible for provision of a structured, well-rounded recreation program and the instruction of students in recreational and a vocational program in compliance with government and management directives.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the administrative and recreation activities of the department
- Provide staff training and implement departmental changes as approved by the management and coordinated with HR prior to implementation
- Assist the department manager in the development of departmental budget, monitor and control expenditures
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting recreation programs; coordinate with other departments for compliance with overall center objectives
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports
- Maintain facilities properly, keep area clean and orderly; inspect facilities frequently, maintain quality and cleanliness. Monitor care and maintenance of equipment
- Provide overall coordination of recreation programs including social and cultural activity participation, athletic competition, physical fitness, water safety, inter/intramural, arts and crafts and other recreational pursuits through budget control and effective planning
- Monitor and maintain effective implementation of a full scale on-center recreation program utilizing facilities and equipment resources for maximum participation by students during their leisure hours
- Schedule recreation personnel to maintain adequate center wide activities seven days a week and maximum student participation at all times. Develop and distribute weekly, monthly and annual recreation plans and schedule of activities
- Establish and maintain linkages with community resources
- Ensure proper conduct of water safety training, eligibility of students to participate in water activities and proper supervision of water activities
- Provide scheduling and supervision of center-wide social events including receptions, dances, shows, drama and talent presentations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- May be required to obtain commercial driver’s license (CDL)
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Hawaii Job Corps/MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
*Medical, vision and prescription drug benefits *Dental benefits *Life insurance *Short-term & long-term disability benefits *Paid Holidays *401(k) Retirement plan *Employee assistance program *Sick leave and vacation *Civic duty and Military Leave *Free Parking *Fun Work Environment
WE ARE A BLUE ZONES APPROVED WORK SITE!
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled