Location: Marshall County Corr. Facility (Holly Springs, Mississippi)
- Supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate assigned employees.
- Responsible for the care, custody, adherence to rules and regulations of inmates assigned to specific work area.
- Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide security.
- Supervise and provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates and inmates assigned to work duty.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
- Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: unit, safety, disciplinary, special management area, and intake.
- It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime, when directed to do so.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent and one (1) years of correctional experience required. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Holly Springs, Mississippi