Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center (Reno, Nevada)
Sierra Nevada Job Corps is currently looking for a Welding Instructor.
- Provide students with hands-on Welding career training instruction, direction and assistance.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with counselors or other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent and three years related experience required.
- Accredited by the American Welding Society professional trade organization or certified, licensed or accredited in the state of Nevada.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
What’s In It For You
• Competitive Pay
• Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation & Sick Time
• 401 (k) Retirement Plan
• Service Recognition Awards
• Fantastic Working Environment
• And Much More!!