Career Transition Specialist
Philadelphia Job Corps Life Science Institute is seeking for a Career Transition Specialist. The career transition specialist reports to the director, OA/CTS. Responsible for providing placement and support services for graduate students for 9 months after separation, conduct follow-up services for 12 months after initial placement has been approved and accurately document all services provided in the web based system in compliance with government and management directives. Also, responsible for providing placement and support services for former enrolled students for 90 days from separation.
1. Maintain linkages with state, and local agencies and employers to provide career delivery services leading to long term employment.
2. Identify potential jobs, schools, military, or other training program placements for terminated students.
3. Monitor the employability development of students.
4. Prepare weekly reports of any career transition activities; copy site director.
5. Assess support services needed for each student; initiate community referrals to obtain needed services.
6. Participate in the pre-arrival week panels.
7. Participate in student employability programs and activities to include participation in small learning teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelors degree in human services, psychology, counseling , education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or Associate's degree and two years related experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.