Facility Maintenance Technician
Division: Job Corps
Location: Los Angeles Job Corps Center (Los Angeles, California)
- Order materials required to perform work; prepare the required paperwork to reflect cost, use of materials and other data for accounting purposes.
- Provide guidance and work assignments for other maintenance staff in one of the following specialized crafts: heating, ventilation and air conditioning, electrical, carpentry, plumbing and painting.
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, industrial HVAC and drainage systems.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, fuses as directed.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
- Perform repair or replacement of plumbing, fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
- Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e. painting as directed.
- Perform roads and grounds maintenance on property.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of building and equipment.
- Obtain and assist bidders for center projects.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:High school education or equivalent and three years related craft experience at the journey worker level. Must demonstrate maintenance skills. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Must have HVAC experience:
- Any HVAC certifications
- Troubleshoot HVAC systems, Compressors, Condenser for leaks
- Inspect and test components of HVAC systems
- Trouble shoot electrical systems in A.C. unit
- Have knowledge of air handlers
- Repair able to repair components like exhaust fans, supply fans, Actuator’s, High pressure switches, VAV boxes
- Perform preventive maintenance, on split systems, cooling towers and single units, package units
- Have knowledge of HVAC automated control systems
- Complete work orders in a timely manner
- Knowledge of blue prints and system diagrams
- Have good computer skills to track and report HVAC problems to supervisor
Los Angeles, California