Student Intern, Facility Maintenance
Division: Job Corps
Location: Woodstock Job Corps Center (Woodstock, Maryland)
Reports to the facility maintenance manager or designee. Responsible for the completion of a wide variety of tasks to include keeping assigned areas clean and orderly in compliance with government and management directives.
****This position is for current Job Corps students only!****
- Maintain and preserve all flooring and/or covering by scrubbing, stripping, waxing, buffing and sweeping surface.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and fixtures.
- Wash walls, windows, and woodwork; dust desks, bookshelves, cabinets, and other office furniture.
- Collect and dispose of all trash, litter, and other debris on grounds, streets, and parking lots; sweep and clean exterior steps, entrances, landings, and sidewalks.
- Use basic cleaning compounds, waxes, and disinfectants as provided by supervision.
- Support and promote the career development services system.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Must be completer and ready for work based learning. Should have aptitude for maintenance/custodial duties.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled