Location: North Central Correctional (Marion, Ohio)
Reports to the Finance Manager. Directly supervises the commissary workers. Responsible for performing concession management and merchandising duties in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and corrections (ODRC) directives.
1. Coordinate the display, rotation, and sales of merchandise to inmates and employees.
2. Safeguard and maintain an adequate supply of merchandise.
3. Maintain merchandise in a saleable condition and monitor the cleanliness and appearance of the facility commissary.
4. Recommend new and revised policies and procedures affecting commissary operations.
5. Supervise the monthly inventory and submit inventory reports to accounting.
6. Verify the accuracy of shipments received from distribution centers and authorized outside vendors.
7. Supervise support service inmates assigned to the unit commissary.
8. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
9. Provide regular feedback and training to staff as well as evaluate staff performance.
10. Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management
*Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years related experience in commissary or retail sales function required, supervisory experience is preferred. Valid driver’s license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements: Must successfully complete annual in service train requirements
Management and Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer