Full Time Recreation Aide
Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Wind River Job Corps Center (Riverton, Wyoming)
2. Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreation/avocation activities.
3. Conduct recreation activities and classes.
4. Chaperone students to center recreation functions.
5. Control use of buildings, equipment and supplies.
6. Instruct in a variety of specialty activities such as physical education, arts and crafts, drama, dance music, water safety and challenge by choice.
7. Provide student transportation to and from center sponsored functions.
8. Coordinate physical education classes.
9. Counsel student on behavior, social skills and personal problems; coordinate with counselors when necessary.
10. Assist with arts and crafts activities.
11. Oversee special activities; maintain and develop liaisons with community organizations and recreational programs and facilities.
12. Assist with the development of weekly, monthly and annual plans and activities.
13. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
14. Support, promote and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
15. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
16. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
Associates of arts degree or three years related experience working with youth. Valid commercial (CDL) driver's license with a passenger endorsement or ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire and an acceptable driving record.