Begin your future now and join the nearly 9,000 Management & Training Corporation (MTC) team members making a difference in the lives of at-risk populations every day. At the Woodstock Job Corps Center you can enjoy competitive pay, excellent benefits, generous paid time off, and a chance to make a real social impact every day.
Division: Job Corps
Location: Woodstock Job Corps Center (Woodstock, Maryland)
- Ensure the physical security of buildings and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment. Maintain patrol log of findings and corrective action taken.
- Perform administrative functions such as entering and maintaining daily logs, incident reports and conducting investigations as directed.
- Assure accountability (protocol) of student check-in and out (to and from center grounds).
- Perform parking and traffic control duties; check identification of personnel and students seeking entrance to or exit from grounds and permit or deny entrance or exit according to established policies and procedures.
- Perform routine vehicle equipment inspections, including lights, brakes, mirrors, steering and other required operating equipment. Recommend mechanical repairs as needed.
- Assist in transporting ill or injured students and staff as required.
- Respond to fire alarms, take necessary steps to report fires, assist in suppressing fires and reset fire alarm equipment.
- Set up and check operation of intrusion alarm systems in buildings as required.
- Assist staff and law enforcement personnel in controlling disturbances. Conduct preliminary investigation of crimes.
- Promote and support the center wide development of the Career Development Services System (CDSS) program.
- Provide proactive conflict resolution with students and refer students to counseling and other actions as necessary.
- Conduct initial investigation of incidents and provide timely documentation of such.
- Assist senior security officer and manager in coordinating and instituting programs that foster student retention.
- Assist center staff in conducting required health and safety inspections & searches.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. One year’s security experience or completion of a security training program preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled