Licensed Vocational Nurse LPN - $23.00/hr.
It’s MTC’s responsibility to ensure the individuals at Bluebonnet Detention Facility have access to necessary services while they’re in our care including healthcare, court and legal resources, visitation, recreation, and educational programs when possible. MTC is committed to providing high quality programing to offenders. MTC has decades of experience providing education and training for disadvantaged populations
Location: Bluebonnet Detention Ctr (Med) (Anson, Texas)
MTC and the Bluebonnet Detention Facility in Anson, TX are seeking full-time LPNs LVNs to work a variety of 12-hour shifts and to bring our B.I.O.N.I.C. culture to life. (Believe It Or Not, I Care)
Safer than most hospitals, clinics and ERs this is a long-term, career role you can feel good about as you make a real difference in the lives of those you care for.
Speak directly with our employees today and we know you will be satisfied in knowing you can come to work every day and safely perform your job. We have taken additional COVID precautions which you can read about here:
In this role, you will be responsible for providing nursing care and assistance for ill and/or injured persons.
A few of the daily tasks include:
- Assess condition of and prescribe treatment for detainees reporting to sick call.
- Assist with provider line; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Operate pill call, administer medication and document as required by applicable policies and procedures. To include push and or wheel pill cart on facility campus.
- Control medication, syringes and other medical supplies or equipment as required.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and call physician for treatment orders.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and six (6) months related experience. Graduate of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing program. Must possess current, valid vocational nursing license for the state of Texas or a compact state and current CPR certification. Must successfully complete required pre service training. US Citizenship required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled