Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Woodstock Job Corps Center (Woodstock, Maryland)
1. Work with designated counselor to develop retention plans and participate in retention program.
2. Direct dorm activities as designated.
3. Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
4. Assist with recreational activities for students on and off center.
5. Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
6. Prepare the morning roster, pass list, and other administrative correspondence relating to students. Take student attendance.
7. Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
8. Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule; participate in and conduct career preparation activities and Career Success Standards (CSS) training.
9. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
10. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Scheduled hours: Evenings, weekends, and overnight shifts
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and prefer one year’s experience working with youth. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.